Wednesday, July 27, 2011

[Acquisitions] Thor: The Mighty Avenger 1:18 Warriors Three Figures

  
When the Thor movie figures came out last March, I actually had no plans of getting any fig from the line except for a couple of Thor figs. I'm a big Avengers fan but none of the other characters who were given the action figure treatment are (or were) members of the Avengers, making it quite easy for me to pass up on the other figures. But then I realized that the characters from the movie are all part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe along with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the likes, meaning they exist in one reality/continuity and that I can make a Marvel Cinematic Universe display comprised of figures from the toylines of various Marvel movies. Geek-gasm!

  
Needless to say, I decided to get these figures of the Warriors Three (I'm still looking for an affordable Sif figure) and displayed them alongside my Thor and Captain America movie figs (my Iron Man and War Machine movie figs are stationed at the 1:18 Iron Man armory). The individual sculpts and paint apps are amazing, but sadly, the figures suffer from the dreaded soft-plastic syndrome. The legs of these figures are frustratingly wobbly, it's quite tasking to make the figures stand upright. What's worse is that the soft-plastic syndrome also struck the accessories department, with Hogun's mace being the worst offender (it's as soft as a freakin' jelly stick). I'm also miffed by the height (and scale) of the Fandral figure as it towers over the other figures (including Thor) while I don't remember the character being exceedingly tall in the movie. But despite all the issues, the figures are still great toy representations of the movie characters, with Volstagg being the best among the three figures, followed by Fandral, and lastly, Hogun.

 
I was pretty upset with the figures after taking them out of their packaging but they're slowly growing on me now. They're not as good as they could have been, but they are still keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...