Sunday, December 18, 2011

[Acquisitions] Marvel Universe Firestar


Jeez, I can't believe it's been three long weeks since I made my last post! My sincerest apologies. We've been very busy at work and I've been finding it hard to attend to any of my hobbies because of the extra time I need to spend at work. But fret not, I'm back with some new toys and we'll be tackling them in the following days. I attended the 6th Christmas Toy Fair and the Hasbro Toy Fair yesterday, both at SM Megamall, and I was able to score some nice figures from both events. I still have some pre-Toy Fair hauls that I need to cover, so let's get them out of the way first.


Well, today we have another 1:18 Avenger in the form of the old Marvel Universe Firestar figure. The figure is actually from the Toys 'R' Us-exclusive Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends boxset, but since I already have a 1:18 Spider-Man and I don't really need an Iceman figure, I decided to just get Firestar loose through eBay. The figure uses the same base body used by the Spider Woman figure but this one doesn't come close to how good that Jessica Drew figure is. MU Firestar is not a bad figure, it's just that the costume colors don't translate well into action figure form, thanks to the huge yellow area that looks so plain and uninspired. I'm not sure why I also don't like the head, it doesn't look terrible but I just find it unattractive, maybe because it's a bit ovesized  but I'm not really 100% certain.


Firestar is more known for being one of the main characters in the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends animated series than for being an Avenger, but I have no qualms about that since the character was originally created for that TV show. The important thing for me is that the character was once part of my fave crew and that I now have a figure of her that I can place beside my other 1:18 Avengers. I've seen a ton of figures that could have given me a lot more bang for my buck but I bought this one because I actually need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...