Tuesday, January 10, 2012

[Heads Up] Holidays by Hasbro: Transformers From Hell


I was supposed to post an entry about a new acquisition today but then I stumbled upon something disturbing. Apparently, Hasbro factory workers in China endure some pretty serious abuses just so we can get our usual action figure fix. The Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights released a report titled "Holidays by Hasbro: Transformers From Hell" last December and it's something that I failed to read immediately. OAFE.net has the lowdown on the said report and you can read that here. If you want to see and read the entire report, here's the link to the PDF file.

Well, to say that I'm disapponted and disgusted is an understatement. How about you, what's your take on this? I really want to boycott Hasbro's products as a sign of protest but it's something quite difficult to do since I really  love Hasbro's properties and licenses (G.I. Joe, Transformers, Marvel). I hope to hear from Hasbro regarding this issue and let's pray that this problem gets resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...