Monday, April 11, 2011

[Acquisitions] Iron Man: The Armored Avenger 1:12 Stealth Strike Mark IV


Though I'm a huge Iron Man fan, I don't really keep track of the release dates of the new figures from the Armored Avenger Legends Series (1:12) line. To be totally honest, I really don't have any idea about the figure line-up of this line. Not that I don't give a damn about it, it's just that I'm focusing my attention (and budget) more on the G.I. Joe line. I've also been very preoccupied with other things (family, work, this blog, etc.) that I hardly have time to visit the toy forums that I used to frequent (TS118, PTK).

I picked this figure up from Toy Kingdom (Pampanga)  along with the Initiative War Machine figure. I was aware of the existence of the Initiative War Machine fig, and I was really planning to get that one, but this Stealth Strike Mark IV turned out to be even better. I was lucky to find both figures on the pegs which translates to not having to deal with scalpers. I also spotted a Mark V Evolution Armor (a black & gold repaint of the Mark V armor), but the sloppy paint apps forced me to pass up on it.

Yes, this figure is just a repaint of the Mark IV armor, but it's a good one. The colors bring the figure to life, and after checking out my 1:12 and 1:18 Iron Man armories, I can definitely say that this figure has the best color scheme I've seen on an Iron Man figure. I really love this figure's bulk, and since I still do not have the regular Mark IV figure, I think it's time to get that one too. The figure also has two extra pairs of hands that are welcome additions, and a missile launcher that doesn't add any value to the figure. For the price of 1000 bucks, this one's totally a keeper.

Pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...