Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[Acquisitions] SDCC 2011 Exclusive Avengers Mini Mighty Muggs


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

I had no idea of this set's existence until I stumbled upon a picture of it on Facebook. After spotting the said photo, I immediately contacted Big Boys Mania and GreatToysOnline to inquire about this set's availability. Big Boys offered it to me for 3300 bucks, but GT gave me a better deal: 2900 bucks with free shipping. Need I say more?

 
This set is actually a San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) 2011 exclusive, and believe it or not, these are the first and only SDCC-exclusive toys in my entire collection! I'm a big advocate of setting figures loose, and the SDCC sticker doesn't exempt this set from being opened, but the packaging design is just so nice I'm planning to return the figs back inside and display the set boxed. The box mimics the look of individual Muggs boxes placed side by side, with Giant Man's head bursting out. The text at the back of the box is also hilarious, adding a twist of Mighty Muggs cuteness to the familiar Avengers prologue.

 
The figs are awesome too! Giant Man is a regular-sized Mugg, while Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America are all mini Muggs. The Thor fig is my fave, but the others don't really disappoint, I just love Thor more because of the helmet. It's a bummer that Wasp got left out of this set, but I'm hoping to see another mini Muggs set at next year's SDCC to expand my Avengers mini Muggs line-up. So Hasbro, please throw us a bone and give us another Avengers set next year, and let it be composed of Wasp, Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Black Panther. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...