Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[Acquisitions] Transformers: Dark of the Moon Deluxe Class Bumblebee, Roadbuster, Topspin, and Sideswipe

 
OK, I think I'm slowly getting my mojo back. It's pretty hard for me to talk about why I failed to post regularly the last month or so, but the truth is that I was in a month-long bout against depression. I don't really think that we need to discuss it here as this is a toy blog, and toy blogs are supposed to be fun, right? So, let's put it behind us, move on, and get to the fun stuff!


The third installment of the live-action Transformers film series, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, came out last June, but due to my hectic work schedule, I was only able to watch the movie during the third week of its run. Still, better late than never. Being the action figure junkie that I am, I began contemplating about getting the TF movie toys, but I was a bit on the edge about it because of budget constraints. While watching the movie, I instantly felt my fascination with the Transformers franchise being re-ignited, and with much delibiration, I realized that I was doing myself an injustice by holding out on the TF movie toys. I mean, that wicked crew of commando robots labeled as the Wreckers was so rad, it would be a crime not to have them in plastic form. And so, needless to say, right after watching the movie, I headed straight to the nearest Toy Kingdom branch and grabbed some of the new DOTM toys.


I will only be completing the Autobot line-up from the movie franchise, and my first acquisitions are the ones readily available at TK: Deluxe Class (DC) Bumblebee, DC Sideswipe, DC Roadbuster, and DC Topspin. It's quite a bummer that the DOTM Sideswipe figure is colored gray instead of silver, but I decided to settle for it for two reasons, first is that it's easier to find than its ROTF counterpart, second is that the DOTM alt-mode is the character's most-recent alt-mode. Another issue I have with the new DOTM toys is that they're a tad smaller than the figures of the same class from the previous movie lines, though that's not actually a deal-breaker for me. I just want to complete my Autobot crew, plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...