Monday, July 18, 2011

[Acquisitions] Captain America: The First Avenger Heavy Artillery Captain America


Hhhmmm... I've been in some sort of a slump lately, and I don't really know how to get my engine running again. All burnt out from work, I spend my free time lying on the bed thinking of ways to break out of this funk, but to no avail. I've bought quite a number of toys the past two weeks and I hope that talking and writing about those toys will turn out to be the shot in the arm I desperately need to get back on track.


So, today we'll take a glimpse at Heavy Artillery Captain America. Yup, that's what the info on the packaging states, Heavy Artillery Captain America. I'm not sure why they gave my favorite captain that particular label, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with the repainted and re-issued Stupid Giant Gun from the 1:18 Iron Man 2 line. I don't really give a damn about over-sized spring-loaded weapons, so the way I see it, Heavy Artillery Captain America is just Captain America straight out of the pages of Marvel Comics, with the shield being the only accessory worth noting.

 
This figure is another great addition to my growing list of 1:18 Avengers, and the thing I like the most about it is that  it's a bit smaller compared to the U.S. Agent figure from the same line. I love having variety among my figures, and even though Cap and U.S. Agent share a lot of parts together (upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, lower legs, feet), the size difference gives the figures some sense of individuality. Since Cap shares his arms with U.S. Agent, wrist articulation is also absent, but I think I can live with that flaw.

   
It's fun to have another 1:18 Avenger in my collection but I don't think I'll be able to expand my Avengers roster anytime soon as I've decided to start collecting Transformers movie figures.  But remember, I'm not quitting, I'm just slowing down. ^^,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...