Monday, November 14, 2011

[Acquisitions] Marvel Universe Spider-Woman

Okay, count me in. I'm officially a Marvel Universe convert, but I'll only be getting figures of my beloved Avengers crew. I tried to fight the urge, but I realized that 1:18 is the way to go when in comes to toy collecting, and I gave in. I really want my Avengers in 1:18 scale, and it's time to roll.
 
To be honest, I don't really know that much about the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman. Back when I was a kid, the Avengers had a different Spider-Woman in the person of Julia Carpenter, and she's the Spider-Woman I grew up knowing. Jessica Drew hasn't cracked the roster yet when I resumed reading Avengers titles back in 2005, and when she finally did back in 2009/2010, I was no longer into comic books. She's a prominent character now and it's only fitting that she got the 1:18 treatment.
 
 
The figure is a nice representation of the character, and I love it! The head sculpt is amazing, the body sculpt is simple yet effective, and the paint apps are quite good, though minimal. Articulation is also praise-worthy, with the exception of the head that has a somewhat limited up-and-down movement (due to the hair). The figure doesn't have much in terms of accessories, coming only with webs under both arms (if you can call those things accessories) and the display stand (I love display stands!), but that's understandable. I'm glad to report that this one doesn't suffer from the dreaded soft-plastic syndrome, but I'm afraid that the webs might deteriorate in time, being made from soft PVC.

This is a great figure, and I'm really thankful to GreatToysOnline for this acquisition. I actually ordered and paid for a Dr. Strange figure, but GTO apparently ran out of stock after I deposited my payment. They asked me if they could give me a different figure and I inquired about Spider-Woman, and though this one was 150 bucks heftier than Dr. Strange, GTO gave it to me without the extra charge. That's what you call customer service, and it's one of the reasons why GTO is my first option for my action figure needs!

 
I still have a bunch of new Avengers figs and I'll be writing about them one at a time, so stay tuned! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...