Thursday, September 22, 2011

[Acquisitions] McFarlane's Sports Picks NBA Basketball Series 19: LeBron James


This figure was released locally at the height of this year's NBA Playoffs, and with the Miami Heat being serious title-contenders back then, hoarders were quick to grab this figure off the shelves to the dismay of real fans and collectors. Originally retailing for 1000 bucks, prices on eBay and on other specialty stores soared to as high as 1900 Pesos. Since I hate patronizing those hoarders and scalpers, I decided not to immediately get this figure and waited for the NBA Playoffs to play out. The Miami Heat eventually lost to the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Finals, and LBJ got the blame for his poor showing throughout the series. 

As an avid Heat fan, I was devastated. In fact, I still am. For me, the only positive thing brought about by the Heat's failure to win the crown was that the price of LBJ/Heat-related merchandise dropped, and so, I was able to get this fig for only 1200 bucks at Courtside MoA (Mall of Asia). Heck, I even saw one being sold for a thousand bucks at a certain comicbook shop three days later. Saving 900 bucks will never ease the pain of this year's failed campaign, but that's how things go and I just have to look forward to the upcoming season (if there's actually going to be one. For now, I just have to settle for a good toy and some savings instead of a championship celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...