Sunday, September 25, 2011

[Acquisitions] G.I. Joe: 30th Anniversary Sgt. Stalker and Hazard-Viper


The first and second waves of the G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary figures had finally reached our shores several weeks back, cutting short the impervious Joe drought. The figures were made available at SRP via Playkit's distribution scheme that occured last September 3-4 at Robinson's Place Manila. It's nice to know that even though Playkit had long decided not to put Joes on the shelves any longer, they still cater to loyal Joe collectors by frequently staging those Joe distribution events. I've actually never benefited from any of those distribution events since I live very far from the metro and an open schedule is one luxury I don't really have, but I'm glad I can get my Joes from GreatToysOnline at the same price.

Wave 1 of the 30th Anniversary line is composed of six figures, namely Sgt. Stalker, Hazard-Viper, Steel Brigade, Iron Grenadier, Cobra Trooper, and Cobra Viper. I decided to get the Sgt. Stalker and the Hazard-Viper figures and passed up on the other four since those figs are either straight re-releases or just simple rehashes of the figures from the last two waves of the Pursuit of Cobra line. Again, I won't be talking about the figures themselves here in this post as I have plans of covering these figures on separate reviews in the near future.

I guess that's it for now. Thank you for dropping by and please don't forget to check out the site's other contents too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...