Monday, June 20, 2011

[Acquisitions] Thor: The Mighty Avenger Hammer Smash Thor & Captain America: The First Avenger Super Combat Captain America


Huh? June's already about to end, and I only have one post to show prior to this one for the entire month. How did that happen? Well, we've been really busy at work. In fact, we've been working 12-hour shifts with no days off. The tough schedule will last maybe until the last week of June at best, or until the first week of July at worst.

So, since I cannot  do toy reviews for a while, I'll just be adding some site contents in the form of my spoils. Let's start with some great 1:18 Marvel figures, purchased way back last June 3.

The first two Thor figures I bought last March both came without a helmet. That didn't bother me that much, because I knew a helmeted one would be released later on. Well, I have that helmeted one now. With the exception of the head, Hammer Smash Thor shares its whole body with Sword Spike Thor. The difference between the two bodies lies on the color schemes, with Hammer Smash Thor getting darker chainmails, lighter torso armor and thighs, and a more vibrant cape. It's a good representation of the movie look, and I love it.

Next, we have Super Combat Captain America, a figure of Cap's movie design. I'm a huge fan of Cap's movie outfit, and I love how Hasbro translated that into toy form. It was pretty difficult to find one with great paint apps, so I settled for the best-looking figure I could find on the shelves. I'm not sure if I'll buy another figure from the Captain America toyline, as I believe that this figure is the only one I need. Cap's different from Iron Man, he doesn't need multiple looks/gears, maybe I need to keep that in mind whenever I shop for toys, so as to avoid buying the other Cap figs on impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...